For the next few weeks I'll be posting some holiday cocktails for you guys to try this season -- this week I'm featuring this elegant Blackberry Champagne Cocktail. As you know, I'm not the best drinker...my bar tab is usually under $15 before things start looking hazy.
So I usually gravitate towards "girly" drinks. Seeing that most girly drinks usually mean some type of fruity flavor with TONS of sugar -- I wanted to remake a drink that gave me the fruity touch I needed but without the sweetness. Plus anything with champagne makes everything a bit more fancy don't ya think?
Feel free to use other types of berries and fruits, strawberries, pomegranate, and orange would work well here.
|Holiday Berry Champagne Cocktail||
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 4 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 pint blackberries, cleaned
- 1 750-ml bottle chilled Lindeman's framboise
- 1 750-ml bottle chilled brut Champagne
- Stir sugar and brandy in medium bowl. Crush about 10 blackberries; add to brandy mixture. Let stand 1 hour at room temperature, then strain. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover; chill brandy mixture and remaining blackberries separately.)
- Divide brandy mixture among 6 Champagne glasses. Add 2 blackberries to each glass. Fill halfway with Framboise and the rest of the way with Champagne; serve.